Plasterer / Damp Proofer
We are seeking a plasterer/skilled damp proofer to join our ever-growing team of skilled technicians. The candidate’s overall quality and speed of plastering is expected to be high.
Allerton Damp Proofing is an established provider of damp proofing services and is recognised as an industry leader in the Yorkshire region. With more than 40 years in business, customers choose us for our outstanding approach to quality and client satisfaction. As part of our team, you would be expected to uphold these high standards.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- The hacking off of damp contaminated wall plaster;
- Rendering using sand and cement with waterproof additive.
- Skimming walls and ceilings.
- The insertion of chemical damp proof courses;
- The removal of rotting/ decaying internal timbers;
- Fitting plasterboard;
- Fitting cavity drainage membranes;
- Removing and refitting radiators;
- Elements of joinery including removing and fitting skirting boards, and architraves; and
- Using initiative to solve any problems while on site.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have strong capabilities in the areas listed above;
- Have at least 5 years plastering and rendering experience.
- Demonstrate experience in timber and solid floor replacements;
- Demonstrate additional experience in any additional joinery/plumbing/electrical works;
- Have a full, clean Driver’s Licence;
- PCA-approved qualifications (not essential)
- Hold a CSCS Card;
- Hold an Asbestos UKATA awareness certificate; and
- Are first aid trained.
Applicants should forward a copy of their CV or equivalent to email@example.com.
Please note, exceptional candidates who do not meet all of the requirements may also be considered.